Sunday 21 October 2012

Another Western journalist sexually assaulted in Tahrir Square, "Raped by dogs... urinated on...

There were reports that her left breast was bitten and that the entire left nipple was bitten off.

Video Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moCswRzxy9c

The name of another Western female journalist who's been sexually attacked in Cairo's historic Tahrir Square has just been added to the ever growing list of shame.

The litany of assaults range from being raped by dogs, to being publically stripped naked to the delight of the attackers, to being anally raped as well as being urinated and masturbated upon.

The Latest...

Though details are sparse, the French news agency France 24 is reporting that one of their journalists, Sonia Dridi was;

    "sexually assaulted by a crowd of men while reporting on a demonstration at Cairo's Tahrir Square."

As the specifics slowly are given to the public, France 24 has released that Dridi had just completed;

    "a live news report at around 10:30pm on Friday when a crowd of men teemed around her, shoving and grabbing at her body."

Earlier Last Year...

During January of last year, France 24 also reported that two other Western reporters covering the massive demonstrations at Tahrir Square were raped.

One by dogs, the other by men.

Egyptian-American freelance journalist Mona Eltahawy stated she was detained by Cairo police after being an active participant in one of the many Tahrir demonstrations.

Eltahawy stated;

    "5 or 6 surrounded me, groped and prodded my breasts, grabbed my genital area and I lost count how many hands tried to get into my trousers."

But the worse was yet to come for the New York based reporter;

    "Besides beating me, the dogs of (central security forces) subjected me to the worst sexual assault ever."

In the same article, it was reported that Frenchwoman Caroline Sinz of the public television channel France 3, stated that while covering the protests, she was;

    "Violently beaten and sexually assaulted while covering the protests.

    We were filming in Mohammed Mahmud street when we were mobbed by young people who were about 14 or 15."

Sinz also stated;

    "'We were then assaulted by a crowd of men.

    I was beaten by a group of youngsters and adults who tore my clothes' and then molested her in a way that 'would be considered rape.'"

British journalist Natasha Smith was also violently assaulted in June, 2012, while covering the Arab Spring uprisings.

As Smith posted on her public weblog;

    "Men began to rip off my clothes.

    I was stripped naked.

    Their insatiable appetite to hurt me heightened.

    These men, hundreds of them, had turned from humans to animals."

Smith went on to write:

    "Hundreds of men pulled my limbs apart and threw me around.

    They were scratching and clenching my breasts and forcing their fingers inside me in every possible way.

    So many men.

    All I could see was leering faces, more and more faces sneering and jeering as I was tossed around like fresh meat among starving lions."

Prior to being disguised in men's clothing and ultimately covered by a burqa, Smith tells of her own personal "Come to Jesus" moment:

    "At this point, I said aloud to myself, calmly, over and over, 'please God.

    Please make it stop.

    Please God.

    Please make it stop.'"

The episode most familiar to Americans was the attack on Lara Logan of CBS News.

In an academic paper for the University of California at Los Angeles, Dr. Dawn Perlmutter, Director of the Institute for the Research of Organized and Ritual Violence wrote of the attack last Spring on Logan;

    "YouTube and some Arab websites reported that at least six men raped her vaginally, and a number of men raped her anally.

    She was also masturbated and urinated on.

    There were reports that her left breast was bitten and that the entire left nipple was bitten off."


link

No comments:

Post a Comment